We Oppose AB 321!
Speaker Frierson’s BAD BILL AB 321 is scheduled for a work session tomorrow, Thursday 4/8/21. This means the committee will vote on the bill to send it to the Assembly as a whole for consideration.
Assembly Legislative Operations and Elections Committee
You can read the bill here.
The link for the committee hearing can be found here.
You can also submit a written opinion in opposition here.
Democrats tried to incorporate beneficial reforms as a ploy to get bi-partisan support. We all know this is a guise. Democrats want universal mail voting and ballot harvesting in the Silver State!
Here’s a recap of what we found in the bill language:
- Mail in ballots to all without changes to clean up voter rolls.
- Allows mail ballots to be received up to 4 days after the election.
- If a signature does not match, poll workers are not allowed to ask voters their birthday to verify identity—why not? Do they not know their own birthdate?
- Allows county registrars and clerks to hide their address from the public.
- Also, allows public defenders and district attorneys to do so—Speaker Frierson is in this category! How does the general public know if their representative truly lives in their district?
- Allows anyone marked as confidential to have a fictitious address on their driver’s license—another hit to transparency!
- Eliminates election contests—no way to review actual ballots without both parties agreeing (page 25, section 34.5)—unlikely the winner would agree.
- Creates multiple different counting boards where all members are appointed by the clerk/registrar.
- Can only observe if you don’t disrupt the process—if you see illegal activity and disrupt it, that would remove the observer.
- Allows election workers to be deputized as sheriffs to enforce order at polling places (and remove observers—voter intimidation and suppression?)
for more details on this bill.
Don’t be fooled. This is not a bill to ensure voting is more accessible for Nevadans! This bill would ensure that voting irregularities, ballot harvesting, and all the issues we saw in the 2020 elections would continue in favor of Democrat candidates. All mail voting is a waste of state funds and cannot be properly conducted in a state like Nevada until there is meaningful election reform and voter roll maintenance.
Mailing ballots to all registered voters, including tens of thousands with known bad addresses, was deliberately done in 2020. There was no meaningful or significant checking of the ballots which created a penalty free environment for fraud, just as the Democrats intended when they passed AB4 to begin with. Don’t let Speaker Frierson get away with enabling even more voter fraud with his “good trouble”.