Trial By Fired
Today, Was Much Ado About Nothing As Democrats Brought In A Formerly Dismissed Ambassador Who Had No Direct Knowledge About Any Of The Events Concerning The Inquiry
DESPITE DEMOCRATS’ BLUSTERING, AMBASSADOR YOVANOVITCH’S TESTIMONY HAD NO BEARING ON THE IMPEACHMENT HEARING TODAY AND ONLY UNDERLINED THE PRESIDENT’S ABILITY TO HIRE AND FIRE AT WILL
Amb. Yovanovitch pushed back on the entire premise of the hearing stating clearly that she served at the pleasure of the President.
- ABC News’ Terry Moran : “[Yovanovitch] did not really get us any closer” to showing an impeachment offense.
THROUGHOUT THE HEARING, THE PARTISAN NATURE OF THE COMMITTEE WAS ILLUMINATED AS DEMOCRATS REFUSED TO ALLOW REPUBLICANS TO ASK QUESTIONS
- MSNBC’s Garrett Haake highlighted Rep. Schiff’s “locking down the room” by preventing Republicans from raising points of order.
- Multiple analysts noted that Schiff polling impeachment messaging with a focus group was incredibly political.
- On multiple occasions, Rep. Schiff cut off Republican Congresswoman Stefanik preventing her ability to speak.
ONCE AGAIN, THE MAJOR TAKEAWAYS OF THE HEARING REMAIN THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP HAD PROVIDED OVERWHELMING AID TO UKRAINE AND THAT BURISMA AND JOE BIDEN’S CONFLICTS OF INTEREST ARE NOT GOING AWAY
Yovanovitch testified multiple times concerning Burisma and the Bidens, including disclosing that the FBI had investigated Burisma and that she had been prepped by the Obama Administration on how to respond to questions involving the company and the Bidens.
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews : “Who doesn’t think” there’s a “serious” appearance of Biden and Burisma conflict of interest.