Register for the Nevada 2020 Convention
Dear Nevada Republican Party State Convention Delegate:
The Nevada Republican Party announced today that we will be hosting a virtual state convention June 12-13 due to Nevada’s social distancing guidelines and limits on large gatherings.
Since announcing last month that the convention would be moved to Lake Tahoe, the Nevada GOP has been monitoring the situation on a day-to-day basis and awaiting clear directives from Governor Sisolak as to whether Nevada would be in phase 3 and what the safety guidelines would be with hopes that it would allow for participation from at an in-person convention for the party’s various delegates from across the state.
Unfortunately, despite the fact that the Nevada GOP had presented a comprehensive convention plan, including numerous changes to our program to ensure that we were in compliance with the protocols required by the Governor and his team, state officials were unwilling to give approval for a physical convention.
The Nevada Republican Party has had a contingency plan in place for weeks to hold a virtual convention and made the decision to move forward with it today.
“Regardless of whether the convention is in-person or online, Republicans are fired up to elect our delegates to the Republican National Convention and to re-nominate President Donald J. Trump. President Trump has delivered for Nevadans time and time again and we are excited to deliver another four years in the White House for him this November.”
-Chairman Michael J. McDonald
State Delegate Registration can be completed online at: www.NVGOPConv2020.eventbrite.com
- The Virtual Convention will be held via the Zoom Platform, with a dedicated and simplified delegate interface provided by our virtual event provider. Credentialing information will be sent within the next few days, now that Clark and Washoe counties have completed their conventions.
- Each delegate will need to participate on their own device for credential and voting purposes.
- We’ve contracted with My Direct Vote Live to provide a secure method for delegates to cast votes for delegate and elector candidates, as well as to resolve calls for Division of the House. The system allows each delegate, using a unique password known only to the delegate, to confirm that their vote was cast as they wished and properly counted. End to end data encryption ensures that convention staff and officers are provided only the number of votes cast on a question or candidate, while the identity of individual voters is never disclosed. This level of security and reporting matches the keypad systems that we have used successfully in prior conventions.
- We’ll hold multiple informational webinars throughout this week in which Delegates are invited to join and familiarize themselves with the Zoom Platform as well as our online voting platform. Dates and times of these trainings will be announced in the next day or so.
- There are significant costs associated with a virtual convention, particularly technology and systems costs to ensure that delegates can reliably participate and securely cast votes. Items like delegate bags have already been ordered and will be delivered to all registered delegates. We have been able to reduced the cost of the convention to $100 per delegate and guest to the State Convention. All delegates who have already registered will be refunded the difference between the original $125 fee and the current cost.
- All purchases for lunch will be refunded.
- Any delegate who prefers to not attend the convention virtually can receive a full refund by requesting said refund via Eventbrite.
- Any hotel rooms that have already been booked may be cancelled without penalty as long as the cancellation is requested 72 hours in advance of arrival at Harrahs. Within 72 hours of arrival, Harrahs will charge the first night’s cost.
- Harrah’s is honoring reservations already made for those who wish to come to Tahoe regardless. Our negotiated room rate is more than 75% less than the current Harrah’s room rates, making it a very good value for delegates who want to have a weekend getaway to Lake Tahoe while virtually attending the convention on Saturday.