Legislative Session Update
Starting today, Thursday, May 20th, 2021 the People’s House will open at 100% capacity, without requiring an appointment to enter.
According to legislative staff:
- Masks will still be required for non-vaccinated folks, unless behind closed doors with a Legislator.
- If you have not received a COVID-19 vaccine, you must provide a negative COVID test prior to entering.
- If you are fully vaccinated then masks are not required within the Legislative Building.
- You can still testify remotely using the same process prior to the building opening.
Now that in-person testimony is back in full force, here is a refresher on how to sign up:
1. Go to the NELIS Website and search for the committee where the specific bill is being heard.
2. Once you find the committee, look for the “participate” icon and click it.
3. After clicking participate, fill out the required information and make sure to mark “in person” for your preferred method of testimony. The location of the committee should also be displayed.
4. We recommend showing up early as security may have a long line.
Although the 81st Legislative Session is almost finished, we still have the ability to make a difference with our in-person testimony and face-to-face interactions with elected officials. No longer will Democrats in the Legislature be able to hide behind computer screens, not always truly listening to our testimony.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. Email me at email@example.com, or call me at (714) 887-9698.
Thanks for all you do,
Legislative Affairs Director, Nevada Republican Party